Sharleen and I will be sharing some Christmas cookie recipes with you every Friday for the next few weeks. First up, the traditional chocolate chip cookie gets a holiday update with candy canes: Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies!
When I was designing the Cookie Exchange Party Invitations, I saw a few invitations that said specifically “no chocolate chip.” Why are they hatin’ on chocolate chip, lol? Everyone loves chocolate chip!! Maybe that’s just it… your hostess may want some variety in the cookies and doesn’t want everyone showing up with chocolate chip.
So make sure your hostess is alright with chocolate chip before you bring them. Then do like I did, dress them up!
Don’t forget to bring a copy of your recipe to your cookie exchange to share with others. You can download the editable cookie exchange recipe card here. Edit the pdf in Adobe Acrobat or hand write your recipe!
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 candy canes
- 1 package holiday sprinkles (3.2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Break candy canes and place in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush candy canes into tiny pieces, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, crushed candy canes and holiday sprinkles
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.