Strawberry season is winding down, don’s miss out on the goodness! Here’s a quick and easy strawberry pie recipe that always goes over big.
I like to mix things up, so for the illustration above I started with my iPad using the Adobe Ideas app. I make a rough drawing in Adobe Ideas and then email myself the pdf. Open the pdf in Illustrator to refine and fancy everything up.
Back to the pie… you can order a print of the illustration above to hang in your kitchen, or whip up a pie for yourself with the recipe below. Enjoy!
- 1 (9”) prepared pie crust
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pints strawberries – cleaned, stemmed and dried
- Prepare pie crust according to directions, allow to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring water and pureed strawberries to a boil. Whisk in sugar, gelatin, and cornstarch. Continue to stir constantly until dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange strawberries in pie crust then evenly pour gelatin mixture over the berries. Chill overnight or until gelatin is set.