Hello there! Summer certainly isn’t over yet, but I can’t stop thinking about fall (and sweaters, chai tea, pumpkins, and plaid). Back at college this week, I find myself sitting in front of new professors with new syllabi, but daydreaming about back-to-school outfits and fall trends. Here’s a brief list of things I can’t get out of my head:
1. Plaid Dresses- These remind me of my old school uniforms, but with much better accessories!
2. Crochet Ponchos- As I mentioned in my Summer Fashion Trends post, crochet is always great, especially granny square patterns like these.
3. Shorts with Tights- Why not enjoy your favorite shorts year-round? I know I will! Pair them with some cute tights (or knee-high socks) and they’re perfect for fall.
4. Over-the-Knee Boots- Even though the queen #GIRLBOSS, Sophia Amoruso, says, “Money looks better in the bank than on your feet,” in this case, I must disagree. Shh!
5. Crystal Jewelry- I can never have enough crystals…on my fingers, around my neck, or in my pockets!
6. Circle Skirts- These are great even for those windy fall days. Pair them with a pair of knitted tights in a fun color and you have a cute, as well as functional, fall look.
7. Pleather Jackets- Emerald green pleather? I love it! Throw a pleather jacket over any outfit for an edgy vibe.
8. Rugby Scarves- Almost finished crocheting my own! Get your hands on one in your own school colors and rock this season’s homecoming trend.
I could go on and on…let me know what you think of these! Also, feel free to share how you choose to style any of these trends. I’m very eager to hear!