Everyone associates apples with September and the beginning of fall. Apples are more than just autumn treat, they’re also very good for you…. there’s a reason for the adage “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away!” Apples contain about 95 calories and are loaded with soluble fiber so you feel full longer, great for when you’re dieting. Studies have shown that frequent apple eaters have a lower risk of heart disease. If all that wasn’t awesome enough, they’re also packed with antioxidants and several vitamins including vitamin C.
Take advantage of the abundance of apples right now and pull out all those apple recipes you have. Better yet, give a few new ones a try:
1. Baked Apple Cinnamon Chips, via Sally’s Baking Addiction
2. Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies, via Just a Taste
3. Inside Out Caramel Apples, via Domestic Fits
4. Apple Nachos with Peanut Butter and Chocolate, via Trial & Eater
5. Caramel Apple Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream, via Sugar Hero
6. Caramel Apple Fireballs, via mac + molly
7. Apple Cider Pancakes with Caramel Apple Syrup, via Taste and Tell
8. Crescent Wrapped Baked Apple Brie, via Tablespoon
Find even more apple ideas, on our apple Pinterest board. I’ll be adding to it all month long. I’m always on the hunt for a great recipe, if you have a favorite apple recipe please share!