Pumpkins are my absolute favorite! There’s more to pumpkin than just delicious pies. Pumpkins are good for your digestive system, just one cup of pumpkin puree provides 7.1 grams of dietary fiber and contain about 10 percent of your daily requirement of potassium. Pumpkins help you avoid getting sick. One cup contain 3.4 grams of iron which supports a strong immune system. That same cup also contains 1,906 micrograms of vitamin A which helps boost your immune system. Plus… they contain 15% of your daily vitamin E requirement which helps protect your cells from damage. As if that wasn’t enough, you know that beautiful orange color they have, the compounds that create that can help protect you from developing lung cancer and and heart disease.
Finally, a food we love that is great for us! Celebrate pumpkin season by trying a few new recipes. I put together a list to get you started:
1. No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, via A Family Feast
2. Pumpkin Pie Fudge, via Holiday Cottage
3. Pumpkin Pancakes, via My Baking Addiction
4. Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts, via Recipe Girl
5. Chocolate Coco Pumpkin Bars, via Running to the Kitchen
6. Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce and Pecans, via Julia’s Album
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte Bark, via The Kitchen Prep
8. Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles, via Dixie Crystals
Find even more pumpkin ideas on our pumpkin Pinterest board, I’ll be adding to it all month long. I’m always on the hunt for a great recipe, if you have a favorite pumpkin recipe please share!