Eating seasonally has so many benefits. Foods are most affordable when in season, they are at their peak of flavor, and they have their highest nutritional value.
Throughout June, strawberries are in season. Throw some in your basket and take advantage of their goodness. Strawberries are low in calories and high in fiber, they help burn stored fat, and contain anti-aging properties. Those are just a few of their benefits, but mainly… they taste great!
Here are a few recipe ideas to get you going:
1. Strawberries and Cream French Toast Casserole, via Tara’s Multicultural Table
2. Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing, via Gimme Some Oven
3. Strawberry Meringue, via Better Homes and Gardens
4. Strawberry Balsamic Chicken, via Gimme Some Oven
5. Golden Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Bars, via This Silly Girl’s Life
6. 5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, via Just a Taste
7. Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles, via Cincy Shopper
8. Strawberry Lemonade, via Laylita’s Recipes
Find even more strawberry ideas, on our strawberry Pinterest board. Then come back later this month, I’ll be sharing a strawberry pie recipe!
I’m always on the hunt for a great recipe, if you have a favorite strawberry recipe please share!