Today we get to have a little fun! Sharleen and I were nominated for the Liebster Award by the ladies over at Sustain My Craft Habit.
The goal of the Liebster award is to encourage bloggers, particularly those who are new to blogging. It helps us support each other and virtually meet. Which is what happened to us. Jane and Sonja of Sustain My Craft Habit just so happen to be a sister blog like Sharleen and I are! Make sure you check out their blog, they are always coming up with creative ways to use natural and re-imagined materials in their DIY projects. I absolutely love the Mini Driftwood Tree Ornament they just posted.
Thank you Jane and Sonja for nominating us! Now on with the fun…
The Liebster Award Rules
- Post your award to the blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a small group of other bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
Here are our answers to Jane and Sonja’s questions. (I answered #1–5 and Sharleen answered #6–10)
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
Denise: Our niche has really turned to DIY and my strength is in graphic design. I love that the blog pushes the DIYer in me, I enjoy coming up with free printables and then seeing how others use them. It makes my day when someone posts a picture of my printables and show how they are using it.
- What was your first blog post about?
Denise: We decided to start blogging after we planned our sister’s 40th surprise birthday party. Our first posts were about that party! Her birthday was on March 14th (Pie Day) so naturally that was our theme. My first post was the party invitation I designed. It was hand lettered in the shape of a pie, so much fun to do!
- If there’s one blogging task you could delegate to someone else, what would it be?
Denise: The photography and then again… not the photography. I would love to be able to just art direct the photo shoots for my posts and not have to actually take the shots. I know the shot I want, but the technical part of photography is not my strength. However, by doing it myself… I’m forced to get better. Who knows, as I improve, it might one day turn into one of my favorite things about blogging.
- What is your favorite post that you’ve published so far and why?
Denise: My favorite post is actually a few… it’s my monthly downloadable calendar. I love doing the illustration and coming up with fun facts for each month. I’m already excited to come up with a new look for 2016!
- Boxers or briefs?
- To where is your next vacation going to be?
Sharleen: Our next vacation will probably be to the coast of Maine. We love to visit the Kennebunkport area. The casual, coastal vibe is great there as is the antiquing!
- Is there anything you wish you had known before you started blogging?
Sharleen: I wish we had known more about SEO when we first started. Using good SEO practices has made a huge difference in the overall success of our blog.
- If you were going on the show Survivor, what 3 items would you take with you onto the island?
Sharleen: I’ve never seen the show Survivor, but I would assume it’s much like going to a deserted island. I would take sunscreen (lots of it!), toilet paper (because who wants to use a leaf?) and a blanket (because anyone who knows me knows I almost always have a blanket on me if I’m sitting down, even in the summer).
- What is #1 on your wish-list to Santa this year?
Sharleen: The Canon EOS 70D Video Creator Kit! The 70D not only takes great pictures but does video as well. I have dreams of adding video tutorials to the blog and this would make that easy to do. Just don’t tell my son or I’ll have to share it with him. He’s majoring in film studies and if he sees that I have this it will probably get “borrowed” and never returned.
- In a zombie apocalypse, what food item would you want to make sure you had?
Sharleen: Cereal, Special K Chocolate Almond to be exact. A bowl of cereal to me is like a cup of coffee to most, I just cant’ start my day without one!
Heidi Jo at Simplee Thrifty I first came across Heidi’s blog after I saw her link submission on the Home Matters Link Party! Her blog is packed with money saving ideas, make sure you check it out.
Delia at Do-It-Yourself with Delia. Delia posts natural alternatives to products we use ever day. Her motto is “If it can be made, it can be made by you!” We like that!
Heather at 4 Hour Body Girl Heather has a very impressive list of accomplishments (check out her about page)! She’s certainly someone you want to follow.
- Where do you draw your inspiration for your blog?
- What would be your #1 piece of advise for someone just starting out in blogging?
- What is your most successful social media outlet for promoting your blog and why?
- Would you rather go camping or stay in a 5 star hotel?
- Other than your computer, what would you say is the most important tool you use while creating your blog posts?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Who is someone you really admire and why?
- What is your most popular post?
- What are you most proud of?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
Congratulations on your nominations, we can’t wait to see your posts!