Thanksgiving is almost here! You know, that holiday when we all eat pumpkin pie?!! Forget about the turkey, give me the pie 🙂 A few weeks ago I shared how to make pumpkin puree. Time to pull it out of the freezer and start baking.
Pumpkin pie from scratch! You’re going to need whip cream with that.
Pumpkin pie from scratch!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. With a fork, lightly beat eggs into the pumpkin mixture. Add milk and evaporated milk, mix well. Pour pumpkin mixture into a 9-inch pastery-lined pie pan. Cover edges with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 25–30 minutes more, until a knife inserted comes out clean.