What better way to kick off the Holiday season than with a Cookie Exchange! This week Denise and I share our tips for throwing a cookie exchange party, a few of our favorite cookie recipes and a set of free cookie exchange party printables. The first thing you’re going to need to throw a successful cookie exchange is an adorable cookie exchange party invitation!
Our cookie exchange party invitation is available for free here and can be customized with your party information.
Denise and I included a few party details to help your guest better understand how a cookie exchange works.
- Homemade cookies only! — This should go without saying, however I have had the occasional guest show up with store bought cookies. If we wanted store bought cookies, we would go and buy store bought cookies! However, with that said, last year my older brother wanted to participate and said right out, “I don’t bake”, so we gave him a pass. He brought Oreo’s and we were all OK with that!
- Bring as many cookies as you would like to take home. — If you bring a dozen, you take home a dozen. If you bring four dozen, you take home four dozen. It’s pretty simple.
- Bring copies of your recipe to share. — Everybody loves getting a new cookie recipe to add to their collection and this enables everyone to see exactly what is in each of the cookies in case of food sensitivities or allergies. Denise will be sharing a coordinating printable recipe card later this week and here I share a coordinating set of food allergy cards. Simple cards that you can print and have on hand to make it easy for your guests to identify cookies that may contain common allergens like nuts or eggs.
- Include a few extra cookies for tasting. — It’s hard to resist all those cookies sitting out at the party, encourage your guests to bring a few extra for sharing!
- Don’t forget containers to take your cookies home in. — This should also go without saying, but for some reason every year, I’m the one who forgets to bring empty containers for my cookies! Here I share a coordinating cookie container printable with you so you can have a few extra containers on hand for those guests (like me) who will forget anyway!